- A4906 Allows minors to serve as election workers between 5:30 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. on elections days.
- A3847 Provides paid leave without utilizing accumulated leave time for local government employees under certain circumstances.
- A4655 Limits police presence at polling places and ballot drop boxes; prohibits electioneering within 100 feet of ballot drop box\
- A2877 - Concerns municipal property registration ordinances to address risk of blight
- A862 - Permits municipalities to refund excess property taxes paid by taxpayer who wins assessment appeal as property tax credit.
- S685 - Permits municipal, county, and regional police and fire forces to establish five-year residency requirement for police officers and firefighters; allows exceptions to requirement under certain circumstances.
- A5306 - Allows certain voters residing overseas to vote in certain elections in this State depending on overseas residency or intent to return.
- S2921 - Allows municipalities to designate outdoor areas upon which people may consume alcoholic beverages.
- S379 - Makes various changes to law addressing meetings of public bodies to provide public with greater access to meetings and information about meetings.
- S380 - Makes certain access changes to open public records act; requires inclusion of certain State financial information on open data website; creates program for development of local websites; makes appropriation
NEWLY ENACTED LAWS:
- Extends period of time for filing special education due process petitions related to COVID-19 school closures and periods of virtual, remote, hybrid, or in-person instruction. P.L.2022, c.2.
- Increases contribution limit by counties and municipalities to volunteer first aid, ambulance, and rescue squads. P.L.2022, c.12.
- Changes certain primary election deadlines. P.L.2022, c.7.
- Raises pay for election workers to $300 per day; permits counties to provide additional compensation to election workers; appropriates $7,000,000 to Department of State. P.L.2022, c.5.
- Social Affair Permit Increase P.L.2021, c.180.
- Prohibiting appeals of the decision to hold Land Use meetings electronically - Assembly Bill 4881. P.L. 2021,c.230
- Connection fees for municipal electric - Senate Bill 1239 P.L. 2021 c. 270
- Certain County Ordinances to be mailed to Municipal Clerks - Senate Bill 818 P.L. 2021 c. 255
- Notary Law Revisions and Authorizing Electric Signatures P.L.2021, c.179
- Early Voting/Appointment of Challengers/Electronic Poll Books P.L. 2021 c. 40
- Prohibits municipal licensure of children operating temporary businesses - P.L. 2021, c.287
- Permits counties and municipalities to bond for alternative fuel vehicles. - P.L. 2021 c.267
- Authorizes operators of motor vehicles to display electronic proof of registration; requires MVC to send application for registration renewal to lessee of leased vehicle - P.L. 2021, c.258.
- Codifies same-sex marriage in the statutes. P.L.2021, c.343.
- Expands workers' compensation coverage to parking areas provided by employer.
- Ernest Bozzi v. City of Jersey City (A-12-20) (084392) Argued March 15, 2021 -- Decided September 20, 2021 (OPRA-Dog License Lists)