||Township of Cherry Hill - Camden County
||OTHER MUNICIPAL POSITIONS
Account Clerk/Cashier – Tax Collector’s Office – Cherry Hill Township, Camden County
Summary: Responsible for processing billing and collections as directed by the Tax Collector.
- Accurately processes all receipts for taxes, sewer and central cash.
- Balances/reconciles cash/check batches daily.
- Assists customers at counter and on telephone.
- Performs clerical duties required of the position.
- Assists staff with general office duties including filing and record keeping.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Tax Collector.
- Candidate must have excellent math skills and ability to count, handle, and reconcile large amounts of cash.
- Candidate must be accurate, attentive to detail, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent customer service skills and flexible thinking.
- Ability to handle inquiries and/or complaints tactfully and effectively.
- Tax collection office experience is valuable.
- Knowledge of Edmunds accounting software desirable.
- High school education; one to two years of clerical or record keeping experience; experience working with the public highly desirable; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successfully pass a background check.
- New Jersey residency required pursuant to NJSA 54:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70), if selected for the position.
- Valid New Jersey Driver’s License.
- Salary range $30,444.00 - $33,494.00 based on qualifications
To apply, applicants can email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax their resume to 856-432-8798.
Municipal Clerks' Association of New Jersey, 88 Inskip Ave, Ocean Grove, NJ 07756