MUNICIPALITY: BARNEGAT TOWNSHIP
VICINAGE: OCEAN COUNTY
POSITION TITLE: MUNICIPAL COURT ADMINISTRATOR
POSTING DATE: JUNE 11, 2018
DEADLINE DATE: JUNE 22, 2018
SALARY RANGE: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE POSITION DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENTS
The Barnegat Township is seeking to hire a Municipal Court Administrator with an understanding of supervisory managements, case flow management, working knowledge of ATS/ACS systems, MACS, and Page Center a plus. Candidate must have excellent customer service, writing, and communication skills; be motivated and a self-starter for this court to work under the general direction of the Municipal Court Judge. Certification by the State of New Jersey is preferred and will be required in accordance with NJ Court Rule 1:41-3. Candidates must comply with the Code of Conduct of Judiciary Employees.
Requirements: Minimum of 3 years municipal court experience including one year of supervisory experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to,
- oversight of all court functions, including court sessions and calendaring
- preparation of annual court budget
- responding to inquiries from public and litigants
- providing information and guidance to attorneys, defendants and community organizations
- assisting defendants with technical and procedural issues
- facilitating discussion between vicinage, state, and local authorities
- reviewing and monitoring daily, weekly and monthly management reports
- responsible for maintaining the court’s two financial accounts
- ensuring compliance with the New Jersey Rules of Court, Supreme Court Directives, laws and established policies and procedures governing the operation of the Municipal Courts. Perform related duties as required.
- drafting correspondence;
Please submit cover letter, resume and completed employment application (available at www.barnegat.net) via email to: Michele A. Rivers, (Subject line: Court Admin.) at Clerk@Barnegat.net
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
BARNEGAT TOWNSHIP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
**NOTE: The above local job posting was submitted to the vicinage by the local municipality and is not a State job posting.