Cherry Hill Township, Camden County
Administrative Clerk – Clerk’s Office
Responsible for performing licensing and administrative duties and completing OPRA requests to support the Clerk.
- Reads and interprets ordinances.
- Issues various Township licenses, certificates and permits, including death certificates/burial permits, marriage licenses, birth certificates, and dog/cat licensing.
- Receives, tracks and assists with OPRA intake and responses.
- Assists the public with various questions, applications, directions, senior bus information, permits, rabies and flu shot clinics, etc.
- Performs clerical and administrative duties such as filing, phone reception, mail distribution and correspondence.
- Transcribes audio recordings of minutes of the proceedings of Township Boards in an accurate and comprehensive manner.
- Assists in the maintenance and appropriate storage of municipal records. Responsible for following processes/procedures for record retention and destruction.
- Composes and types letters for the Clerk as needed.
- May be privy to confidential matters and transactions and must display discretion and professionalism at all times.
- Ability to operate computer, printer, facsimile machine, copier, calculator, telephone system.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent customer service skills.
- Must have ability to professionally make frequent contact with residents, other departments, and general public. Contacts are in person, in writing, and by telephone.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures, practices and relevant terminology preferred.
- Ability to follow complex instructions, manage multiple tasks, work independently with frequent distractions and interruptions and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to handle inquiries and/or complaints tactfully and effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain record keeping systems.
- Skilled in operating computers and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of Edmunds accounting software and SDL a plus.
- General knowledge of local government and its operations helpful.
Training and Experience:
- High school education; two years of experience working in an office environment; experience working with the public highly desirable; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Municipal Registrar’s designation by the State of New Jersey preferred.
- A pre-employment background investigation required.
- Valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- New Jersey residency required pursuant to NJSA 54:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70), if selected for the position.
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com.